Fees – Parties £30 for the first 2 hours and £10/hour thereafter.
The Village Hall booking form and letting conditions can be Downloaded Here
For booking enquiries please contact:
Alyson Lee 01283 732450 – firstname.lastname@example.org or Richard Hoskins – email@example.com
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Sutton on the Village Hall Committee (hereafter called the COMMITTEE) is not a commercial profit making concern, but a charitable organisation whose main aim is to provide a facility for the local community where meetings, social events, etc. can be held.
- The Hall and may only be used during the hours stipulated in the booking form. Additional hours must be agreed with the booking clerk.
- The Hall is managed by volunteers and does not have a Caretaker, so it is essential that hirers (both regular and occasional) should co-operate by leaving the premises in a clean and tidy condition. For a single hiring, e.g. private party etc., a refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. This deposit will be returned in full, fourteen days after the date of the hire, provided the Hall has been left undamaged, in a clean and tidy condition, and has been vacated by the agreed time – as shown on the booking form. In the event of a dispute, the Chairman of the Village Hall Committee will arbitrate.
- Cleaning equipment is kept in the far cupboard together with the chairs and tables. All rubbish generated by the booking must be removed from the building after the event. There is a rubbish bin and recycling bin outside the kitchen door which are emptied bi-weekly. Any rubbish, waste etc. which cannot be placed in these containers, must be removed from the site and disposed of by the Hirer. The cost of removing any rubbish left outside this container will be deducted from the deposit. The Management Committee encourages recycling therefore glass bottles and cans should be placed separately for recycling.
- The booking fee for hiring the Hall is due one calendar month prior to the proposed function date. The booking is considered as provisional until the deposit has been paid. In the event of non-payment by the prescribed time, the Trust reserves the right to cancel the booking and accept an alternative booking. Sub letting is not allowed.
In the event of the cancellation of a booking by the hirer in the month before the function, any hire charges already paid will be forfeited and a refund payable only if another booking for the Hall can be obtained.
- The fees for regular bookings are payable as agreed and set out on the booking form.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse or to cancel bookings for any purpose whatsoever. In the event of such cancellation, the Trust will refund all monies paid, or may offer an alternative date but shall not incur any other liability to the hirer.
- Hiring rates are reviewed annually before the AGM in March, but bookings made before that date will be charged at the rates in force at the time of booking.
- The named Hirer [who is over 21 yrs] is responsible for the event and shall remain on the premises for the duration of the hire. All loss or damage to the Hall occurring during or arising out of the hire – or while persons are entering or leaving the Hall pursuant to the hire – shall be the responsibility of the Hirer. The Hirer should take particular care of children who should be under control at all times, whether in the Hall, grounds or in the vicinity of the Hall. The Hall is assumed to be found in good order unless the Trust is notified within one hour of the hire commencing.
- Neither the Committee nor its officers shall be responsible for loss or damage to any Hirers property during or arising out of the hiring. Nor for any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred – or happen to any person or persons using the Hall premises or grounds during or arising out of the hiring.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee against any claim which may arise out of the hiring – or which may be made by any persons resorting to the Hall premises or grounds during the hiring in respect of any loss, damage or injury.
- The Hirer must arrange for the payment of and/or reimburse the Committee for any charges against them arising from the hiring under any enactment relating to copyright or performing arts.
- 13.No intoxicating liquor shall be sold in the Hall unless the Hirer has first obtained an Occasional Licence – now known as Temporary Event Notice = T.E.N. for the period of the hire and has previously obtained the consent of the Trust. The Hirer shall be responsible for all conditions attached to the licence and see that they are fulfilled.
- 14. Kitchen facilities are provided for catering purposes. All food preparation must be confined to the kitchen. The siting of beer kegs etc. should be discussed with the Chairman or Treasurer prior to the booking date.
- There is a no smoking policy within the Hall as directed by the law. Candles may be used under close supervision
- The Hirer should note that there are no telephone facilities in the Hall and should ensure that a mobile phone is at hand in case of emergency.
- The Hirer should also be aware of the Fire Exit routes, the positions of the fire extinguishers and know how to use them. The ‘main’ water stop valve is situated underneath the kitchen sink. The electrical ‘main’ switch is in the entrance lobby.
- There is a temporary ramp for the main entrance, which is stored with the tables and chairs.
- The Committee requests that heating or lighting is not used for longer than is necessary.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that a Risk Assessment is in place for the event – all in accordance with the Health & Safety Act. (A basic sample is supplied with this form).
- Temporary decorations may be used, but the decoration of the hall must not be damaged in any way. No Sellotape to be used.
- AT THE END OF THE HIRE (regular and occasional bookings) PLEASE ENSURE THAT:-
- All furniture is returned to store and placed in its correct position Heating in the kitchen is switched off.
- Temporary decorations removed
- The floors swept
- Any rubbish which cannot be placed in outside containers is to be removed from the site. All appliances (except kitchen fridge) switched off.
- All lights switched off
- All doors locked, windows closed and Hall made secure.
- Keys to be returned as directed.